How can Luggage GPS Trackers protect your belongings?
In 2016, total international tourist arrivals stood at 1.235 billion. The figure revealed a growth of 4% over the previous year. Although the growth looks promising and reflects a healthy picture of the Tourism Industry, it also means a significant increase in Air Passenger Traffic and Baggage Handling Costs. The Tourism Sector faces a much bigger problem which is both furtive and natural i.e. rise in the number of mishandled baggages.
It is hard to believe but in reality more than 40 bags are mishandled every minute. A majority of such instances occur during the crucial phase of baggage transfer. Without doubt, Airport Authorities seem to find it difficult to cater to the needs of 3.72 billion enplaned passengers. A viable solution must be put forward so that passengers can locate their luggage as Airlines cannot be held responsible for goods lost in transit.
The following statistics draw the real picture of the issue:
- 21.6 million handbags were mishandled in 2016 alone.
- 47% of mishandling cases occurred during transfers.
- In 2017, airport baggage systems are estimated to handle over 4.5 billion bags.
- Over 2 million suitcases are lost monthly due to logistical errors.
- The cost to the industry for mishandling bags from 2007 to 2016 was a whopping $27 billion.
At an individual level, tourists can use a Luggage GPS Locator to track and secure their baggage from theft and mishandling. These kind of devices allow real-time tracking for all kinds of luggage paraphernalia and can be easily packed inside any kind of baggage. They are actually a necessity for frequent flyers especially those who visit foreign destinations on a regular basis.
Modern Luggage GPS Trackers are equipped with a host of safety and security features such as:
- Real-Time Tracking
- Location History
- Geo-Fencing Technology
- SOS Button
- Voice Monitoring
- Long Battery Backup
- Long Standby Time
Tourists can avail the following benefits of using Luggage Trackers:
- Peace of mind when it comes to travelling
- Secure any luggage on the go
- Round the clock protection for luggage
- Access bag’s location from anywhere, anytime via the mobile tracking application or web tracking platform
October 4, 2017 11:24 am